CareKinesis PACE Pharmacy services provide and coordinate 100% of the medication management and pharmacy needs for PACE organizations.
Medication is one of the areas of highest risk and cost for PACE, and the most common reason for hospitalization.
PHARMACY AND MEDICATION CONSULTING
- PharmD therapy recommendations for every participant, plus one-on-one participant-PharmD consultations.
- Pharmocogenomics coordination and translation.
- Mediation cost-reduction strategies and outcome optimization.
- EireneRx web-based pharmacy system with e-prescribing and real-time electronic records.
MEDICATION ACCESS SERVICES
- Direct delivery of medications to participant homes or PACE Centers.
- PharmDs accessible 24/7 for emergency consultation and after-hours coordination.
- Available on-site remote access medication cabinets.
- Community pharmacy networks for same-day and after-hours medication needs.
QUALITY ASSURANCE PROCESS
- Positive patient identification with photographs on patient profiles and medication packaging.
- Electronic and manual checking for interactions, contraindications, and more.
- Pharmacy barcoding systems for added safety throughout the entire dispense to delivery process.
CUSTOMIZED TRANSITIONING SERVICES
- On-site orientation and transition services, including personalized implementation program.
- Customized training for PACE program administrators, physicians, nurses, and participants.
- Dedicated PACE liaisons, responsible for ensuring that we exceed your economic, humanistic, and clinical expectations.
SUPPORT & REPORTING
- Part D support through collaboration with your PBM or with direct PBM and PDE submission services, reducing your number of vendors and administration costs.
- Robust clinical data tools for reports on controlled substances, drug classes, MARs, discontinued medications, FWA, and more.
- A utilization and financial reporting system for analysis, trending, and planning